The Burnie Hurricanes Cricket Club, members of the Cricket North West competition, are seeking applicants for the following positions for season 2017/18:
· Senior Assistant Coach
· Junior Development Coach
· Senior Female Coach
The club are reigning CNW 1st Grade & U/15 premiers and have won the CNW Club Championship award for the past 3 seasons. The club currently fields 1st grade, 2nd grade, senior women’s, girls U/16s, U/17s, U/15s & U/13s sides in addition to the MILO in2CRICKET and T20 Blast Programs.
The club boasts one of the largest junior cricket sections in the north of Tasmania, with each of these roles to have a strong focus on developing young players. These positions will be required to work alongside the current Senior Club Coach in developing pre-season and in-season training schedules, mentoring players and continuing to develop a positive club culture.
The key selection criteria for these coaching positions are:
· A minimum Cricket Australia Level 1 coaching accreditation (or intention to achieve)
· A current Working with Vulnerable People Check
· Previous cricket Coaching/Playing experience at any level
· Strong communication and leadership skills
· Ability to work effectively within a team environment
Remuneration for each of these positions is negotiable and will be determined on previous experience.
All applications, including a Cricket CV are to be sent to Club President, Andrew Revell at: firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Friday the 28th of July.
The Wynyard Cricket Club, a member of the Cricket North West Association, is currently seeking applications for the position of Senior Head Coach for the 2017/18 season. The Club is full of potential with a growing junior presence in the local rosters, and our second grade made finals in the 2016/17 season. The club has a very successful senior female team, with four junior teams with U13, U15, U17 and U16 girls. We have a well-developed and embedded MILO In2CRICKET program averaging 40+ participants for the last two seasons, and have started MILO T20 Blast last season.
The main responsibilities of this paid coaching position are as follows:
- Manage weekly training schedule of senior sides and game day coaching responsibilities
- Develop and present a cost effective planned pre-season training program
- Lead a targeted recruitment campaign
- Assist other club coaches to embed pathway progression throughout the Club and keep an eye on junior talent
- Grow and foster a positive and inclusive team culture across the Club and Senior Cricket sides
- Complete reports to the Committee and provide regular updates at meetings
- Compliment, follow and add to the overall strategic direction of the club
The key selection criteria for this position are as follows:
- A Representative Coaching Accreditation is preferred, or a Community Coaching Accreditation as a minimum with the view to upskill
- A current Working with Vulnerable People Check
- Proven background of experienced coaching
- Knowledge of modern coaching techniques and specifically ‘The Australian Way’
- Strong communication, leadership and team building skills
The remuneration package for this position is negotiable with the Committee depending on the experience and background of the successful applicant.
To apply for this position, please forward a Cricket CV including a cover letter addressing the responsibilities and selection criteria for the position. Please also include your personal coaching philosophy.
Applications can be sent to Club President Kahla Summers via email at email@example.com or post to Wynyard Cricket Club, Attn: K Summers, PO Box 300, Wynyard, Tasmania 7235. If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Kahla on 0419 874 670.
Applications close Wednesday 28th June 2017.